Monday, October 26, 2009

Changing A Life

Have you ever dreamed of taking your hero to school with you?

We all have different heros ranging from Nelson Mandela to Superman. The individual that represents the qualities you wish to possess at some point in your future. It's those heroes we look up to in times of need, and more importantly when we need advice. We question our decisions based on whether or not our role model would have made that same decision.

When I was growing up, I had a few heroes. I always wished I could take one to school. Just so I could show all my friends and classmates how cool I really was. (I mean who doesn't wish they could take Batman to school for just one day, right?) Just for one day I could be the kid who everyone wanted to be. Just once.

Wilson Inc. and the NFL Canada are giving kids the opportunity to be the hero at their school. Kids can take any NFL player in the league, regardless of stature or fame to their school. The day has to fit around the schedule of the player, but I mean I'm sure the child who wins won't be upset if Terrell Owens comes on Tuesday instead of Wednesday.

This has the potential to change the life of the child who wins. Some people spend their whole life wishing to meet their heroes, and here is Wilson Inc. and the NFL offering to do it for a child. Not only one child, but four throughout Canada.

I've seen promotions of individuals trying to kick from half field to win a million dollars, hockey players offering to hold street hockey tournaments for youths, and even athletes willing to donate large sums of money to not-for-profit organizations but I have never seen a promotion that will change the life of a child like this one.

Wilson Inc. and the NFL have created a gem, and the best part of the whole promotion is it's free to enter. When was the last time you got offered to do anything for free? Nevermind meet your hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment