Sunday, September 20, 2009

Men's Rugby, Game 1

GIMME THOSE COOKIES!

That's what you'll hear when you're sitting in the stands of a Loyalist College Men's Rugby home game. My famous saying as I start the beginning of each game. It's to let the team know that I want the ball, and I want to win. Nobody settles for second place, nobody.

As a senior member of the team I know how much the rookies look up to me for support and mentoring. I understand my role is transitioning from a second year phenom to a third year star. I kind of admire the transition and what it's doing to my confidence.

Yesterday, Saturday September 19, 2009, the men's rugby team beat the Fleming Auks 30-22. Although the score looks close, the game was not. We simply allowed the other team to score on mental errors, and lack of communication. A fault that will certainly not go unpunished at monday's practice. The team showed grit and speed playing a team that outweighed ours by thousands of pounds (literally).

I am very impressed with the way the team came together to get the victory, and I'm looking forward to the next game.

GIMME THOSE COOKIES

No comments:

Post a Comment