Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Sometimes Things Change

I remember not too long ago I promised I would never chase anything but success in my life because it was the only thing that mattered to me. I slowly am realizing how things change. I keep going back to listening to my mother telling me "Corey you never know what's gonna come your way, so don't say things are concrete when really you don't know for sure."

I mean everything my mother tells me I try to take in, as she is my closest friend. But I mean sometimes I am nodding my head thinking "yeah, okay, sure mom."

But lately I've been chasing a few things, and I can't explain what told me to chase it. I just knew that I had too. I knew it deep down in a mushy place that I can't talk about because I don't want my ego to be altered (wink, wink). I feel lucky to have had the opportunity to present itself, and I guess this is where I tell mom she was right. Probably for the millionth time, but its a saying that will remain timelessly rewarding for her. I'll say it once more for you mom. You're right.

No comments:

Post a Comment